Saturday, December 25, 2010

I left my hair in San Francisco ♥♥

We are here in San Francisco!!

One of Jeff's oldest friends, Mike Stevens, was gracious enough to "reserve" a parking spot for the coach in front of his house. If you've been to SF then you would know that finding a parking spot in that city is like finding a needle in a haystack and not only is finding parking for a car difficult in the city, imagine finding a parking sport for a 35ft RV! So we were lucky enough to have Mike park his two cars in this spot right after the weekly street cleaning to ensure we'd have a safe place to park "el coacharino".

Parked in front of Mike's pink building

Family Photo!!

Mike and his roomies, Krupa and Maisa (hope I spelled that right!) also invited us to stay at their house while we were here so that was a nice change of pace from sleeping in the coach.
We made Cedar a "bed-fort"out of his Pack in Play.. he seemed to like it.. :)

.... Gia also seemed to like it too since we kept finding her in his bed!!

Of course what trip to SF wouldn't be complete without a walk down Haight Street. (yea..yea.. I know.. super tourist-y). It was my second (or third) time to this area of San Fran. The shops were so cool!! There were soo many vintage (like REAL vintage) clothes shops with dresses that were over 100 years old. I would have pictures of them but they didn't allow photography in the shop.

We stopped in this cute little kids shop called Kids Only to see if we could get some stuff for Cedar. Cedar ended up getting some new rainboots since he soaked his old ones in the Big Sur River.

Cedar's new rainboots hard at work...

Some yummy restaurants we hit up in the city were Zona Rosa's on Haight Street, Bean Bag Cafe on Hayes and Divisidero, Golden Era Vegetarian Restaurant in the Tenderloin and a pizza Joint off Haight Street. One of the most fantastic things about SF is that you can get almost ANYTHING delivered!! We got some great Japanese and Indian food delivered the last couple nights we were there. Usually at home we can only get Italian places to deliver!


Zona Rosa's veggie burritos

Last good burrito we will have before heading east

Cedar and his beans rice and guac...

Golden Era on O'Farrell... everyone seems to be liking lunch :)

Golden Era's veggie "egg" noodle soup... yummy
Bean Bag Cafe

Cedar at the Bean Bag Cafe eating a soy-chorizo breakfast burrito..(not pictured)


Up the street from Mike's was a cool park called Alamo Square. This park was nice because it was a leash-free zone for Gia AND there was a playground for Cedar. I also found out it was the filming location for Full House!


The Painted Ladies


The Playground at Alamo Square


City view... you could see the coach like 3 blocks from the park... (if you see the lamp post.. it's at the corner where the vertical and horizonal pieces meet)


Okay... so why the title...

We hit up Mike's salon Zip Zap Hair on Filmore and Haight where Mike offered to work his magic.

Mike (in black) and Toad in front of Mike's shop

I've always known Mike owned a salon but never had the chance to visit. The ambiance was so cool and the energy was electric. I got that "family" feel between the employees which is always good for the aura. Anyway, I was due for a cut. If you know me, you know that I rarely get haircuts.. (probably once every 1-2 years). And when I do, I'm rarely ecstatic with them since I usually just tell the stylist to trim off the "bad stuff". Anyway, I told Mike the same thing I always tell stylists and he was like okay.. But let's do some layers too. I felt like I was in trusted hands so I went for it.... The result.... Shear Genius!!(pun intended) As stated before I've never been that stoked on a haircut but I got up and said, "I LOVE IT!" (and I didn't say it just cause.. I mean I really meant it.. I was almost surprised how much I loved it). Anyway, if you're in the city and in the need for a snip, I highly recommend going to Zip Zap... they know what they're doin'. I know that we're planning on an annual trip up here just so I can get my haircut! (haha) ;)

So, all in all, San Francisco was fabulous to us! We were sad to go, but were excited to get onto the next destination...... Eureka, CA. to see Mike's brother, Dave and his family, Courtney and 6 week-old Baby Estelle!!!

Leaving SF.. driving over the Golden Gate Bridge

The Bridge from afar

Down with DCS and BTF!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment